Dental Cleanings and Exams
Dentist in Burlington
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends dental visits at least twice per year. Regular exams and professional cleanings can help to ensure optimal oral health. At Mary H. Makhlouf DMD, MS, PA, our team consistently provides thorough dental cleanings and high-quality preventive exams.
Professional cleanings rid the teeth of harmful plaque and tartar build-up. This is important for preventing tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health issues. Additionally, a professional cleaning by our hygienist may remove some surface stains. This can help keep your teeth looking whiter and brighter. The types of cleanings we prescribe range from: a healthy mouth cleaning to debridement and to deep cleanings.
During your examination, we will also:
- Evaluate your overall oral health
- Screen your blood pressure
- Discuss oral hygiene practices and habits
- Check your bite and jaw for any issues
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer
- Evaluate existing tooth restorations
- Take dental x-rays where necessary
Regular professional dental cleanings and exams are essential for maintaining general health as well as a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile.
Contact us to request an appointment for an initial dental examination and cleaning.